Happy New Year Everyone!
As I go into 2010 I can't help but look back on 2009 and see how blessed I am. From my friends to my family, I am a lucky guy. God has blessed me with friends who really truly care for me and who look out for me. I couldn't ask for a better mom and dad who support me in everything that I do and aspire to be. A little brother who I can lead worship with. I am so blessed.
Here are some of my new year's resolution...let's see if I can
1. shoot more! (I need to go out with my camera and shoot shoot shoot for me)
2. lose some weight! (I know that everyone puts it on their list, but I would like to lose a few pounds and keep it off!)
3. get better at guitar (it doesn't take much to be able to lead worship on guitar musically, but I want to improve on guitar even more)
4. get more clients! (I know that I'm still starting, but I want to be able to connect with new clients and book more gigs.)
5. connect with more photographers. (I believe that the "competition" is in fact not competition, they should be your friends and peers. So I want to meet more photographers in the columbus area.
6 consistently do my devotions ( I want to be able to grow more as a Christian, and doing my devotions is beneficial to that, so i want to be able to do my devotions consistently)
Man, if any of you guys are interested in photojournalism or storytelling through photography. This is the talk to watch! I was so inspired after watching this lecture by Ryan Lobo
I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I didn't do much photography this weekend, it was all eating! hah. I ate so much food and my stomach is growing larger as a result. But I thought it would be fun to post some photo blogs that I read and subscribe to.
http://josevillablog.com (great film wedding shooter)
http://markjrebilas.com/blog/ (great sports shooter)
http://moosepeterson.com/blog/ (wildlife/landscape photographer)
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/ (mixed media. This guy is using breakthrough canon video technology)
http://www.zarias.com/ (great photographer, always inspires and motivates me to go out and shoot.)
http://cliffmautner.typepad.com/my_weblog/ (Amazing wedding photographer)
http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/ (super famous commercial photographer)
http://www.joemcnally.com/blog/ (speedlight master/photography wisdom guru)
There are so many more, but these are the heavy hitters and they post the most! So! Enjoy! All these photographers are full of wisdom, tips and techniques.
Anyways, having mostly everyone home reminded me of the summer and during the summer I went on a mission trip to taiwan. Looking through all the images made me miss taiwan and everyone there... =( Here is a shot of me and the kids. I really want to go back this summer, but I don't know what God has in store for me. We shall see.