Before I left for my trip, I had the fortunate opportunity to photograph the Wang Family! They have been so kind to me taking me in and feeding me during the holidays since my family doesn't live around me anymore! So photographing them was a pretty fun time. I kept it short and simple, nothing to crazy. I just found some good light and placed them in front of it!
Started with some test shots to see where the light was falling and where I needed to put some light in.
some more test shots, missed focus =(
used a flash and shot it upward to reflect off the low ceiling. This created a nice soft, even, overhead softbox
You always have to throw the solemn pose in
Brothers goofing off
Put them at the edge of shadow where they light is just hitting the backs. (backlighting always wins)
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! From my family to yours! We are currently in San Antonio where my parents just moved a couple of months ago! This is our first Thanksgiving together in the new house in a new place! Fun times.
I'm thankful for my family first and foremost. For their hard work and their dedication in what they do. I'm thankful for my close friends who have supported, encouraged, and backed me up in this past quarter. I'm thankful for a job and being able to take photographs. I'm thankful for being healthy and living.
classic family portrait
Getting a little goofy
The parents are getting there!
Had to get the asian deuces
the even more asian
and the final!
I shot this last week for my lighting project. I think I am going to continue this for my final project so we are shooting at the end of the week!
Happy New Year Everyone!
As I go into 2010 I can't help but look back on 2009 and see how blessed I am. From my friends to my family, I am a lucky guy. God has blessed me with friends who really truly care for me and who look out for me. I couldn't ask for a better mom and dad who support me in everything that I do and aspire to be. A little brother who I can lead worship with. I am so blessed.
Here are some of my new year's resolution...let's see if I can
1. shoot more! (I need to go out with my camera and shoot shoot shoot for me)
2. lose some weight! (I know that everyone puts it on their list, but I would like to lose a few pounds and keep it off!)
3. get better at guitar (it doesn't take much to be able to lead worship on guitar musically, but I want to improve on guitar even more)
4. get more clients! (I know that I'm still starting, but I want to be able to connect with new clients and book more gigs.)
5. connect with more photographers. (I believe that the "competition" is in fact not competition, they should be your friends and peers. So I want to meet more photographers in the columbus area.
6 consistently do my devotions ( I want to be able to grow more as a Christian, and doing my devotions is beneficial to that, so i want to be able to do my devotions consistently)